You are finite, Zathras is finite. This..... is wrong tool.




Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Well, got home from the doctor, did a few of the stretches, but not many, and began trying to clean out the office downstairs. I put a number of my law binders into a box, and started combining another couple of boxes of CDs to free up another box. Then I got distracted from that task by trying to clean out some of the materials from the book that I worked on. I need to keep those materials for another several months, though, just to be safe, but I'm going to keep them somewhere else, so I can recycle them when the time comes. Once I get the shelf that is currently filled with law texts clear, I'll have somewhere else to put a lot of the junk that is down in the office, and hopefully get it cleaned up a bit.
At one point, I intended to clean off either the desk upstairs, or move the Mac down there to have some work space. Since I don't really have too much time to sit at a work space at the moment, it no longer seems to be a priority; most of the time that I use my laptop, it's actually on my lap in the living room while I watch Nathaniel with one and a half eyes. That being said, however, I expect as he gets a little older, a work space will be nice to have. But that is much farther down the line than is necessary to think about right now. It will just be nice to clear up some space in the office and make it feel less cluttered. Although the idea of a desktop computer is supposedly becoming obsolete, I still think I want to keep it set up down there for central/tethering purposes. I'm not going to end up like the Panera Bread iMac dude, but I just think desktop when I think of a more stable, reliable machine, and the place for long downloads and uploads, such as the torrents of US Soccer games. Not that I've been doing those for a while.

We had Trader Joe's (Trader Ming's) Orange Chicken tonight for dinner. After a couple of times making it, I decided that it needed some more bulk and veggies to go with it, since it was basically just chicken and sauce, so I've been frying onions and peppers with it. When put with a LOT of onions, and a couple of peppers (one red, one green on this occasion) it's a great, filling, and easy meal. It only takes about 30 minutes to make, and it feeds Stephanie and I easily, and tastily, with at least one lunch leftover for the next day. It's probably the best packaged meal that Trader Joe's has to offer, and it's only less appealing than a frozen pizza (or better yet Papa Murphy's) because there is actually some preparation (and dishes) required for it. I am thinking we should try a few other Trader Joe's meals, but the last one we tried (some sort of teriaki chicken thing) was not very good--being a microwave option. While I'm generally okay with a microwave meal (See, e.g., Lean Cuisine meals.) it's just not what I am looking for when I am going to put the effort forth of making a few dishes and spending more time with it like a Trader Joe's meal. We have some Indian meals and some Quesedillas which we'll probably try at some point soon, but for now, the Orange Chicken is still my favorite.

No comments:

Post a Comment