You are finite, Zathras is finite. This..... is wrong tool.




Thursday, March 4, 2010

Today was quite a day. We got up early for Nathaniel's doctors appointment, and expected it to be a quick lab visit and be done, but it turned into a much longer deal because they had a lot of trouble finding his veins. Luckily I got to sit out in the waiting room while he was poked five times to no avail, by three people, two of whom specialize in working with small babies. After spending an hour and a half at the clinic, we had to go to the hospital to get blood drawn for the the tests. We took a pit stop at my in-laws in order to let the little guy take a bit of a nap since he was overdue for one, and to feed him a bottle to keep him hydrated. At the hospital, things went pretty well and they managed to get the blood drawn relatively quickly.
Nathaniel was a trooper; he did very very well and in the end at the hospital he barely cried out when he was stuck. He did a lot better than I would have, to be sure. The problem, though was that it totally threw off his schedule. He was overdue for at least one, probably two naps when we got home, and he didn't really feel like sleeping. I managed to get him to take a couple of short naps, but when he made it clear he wasn't interested in sleeping much more, I decided it was time to go and visit his grandpa.
I'd been meaning to take a walk over to my folks' house for a couple of days since it has been so warm here, (40 degrees!) but things just hadn't worked out. Today, I got out the baby carrier and strapped him to my front, my backpack to my back and the diaper bag over a shoulder. I'm sure I looked quite the sight to the roofing contractors on the corner at the end of our alley. The picture above is obviously before the backpack or diaper bag were added.
We had a nice visit with my folks and then headed home where he finally took a little bit more of a nap before having a bath, green beans and playing until it was time for us to eat our own dinner. Put him to bed and he was showing how tired he was, finally snoozing for a long while until we woke him up for a dinner. He was still mostly asleep when Stephanie fed him a bottle, but hopefully it will let him sleep a little longer before waking up hungry.

I went to check out phones this evening too, and was frustrated with the prices of the options at the T-Mobile store (and even more so the fact that you can't actually look at a Nexus One anywhere--does Google really expect people to buy the thing sight unseen? I guess so since people are doing just that. . . .) I might try to track down someone with a Nexus One to compare with the MyTouch and the Samsung phone. I wasn't too impressed with the Cliq--too focused on social networking, which is nice but not the be all and end all of what I want from my phone. I'm going to have a call with some Oppenheimer folks tomorrow and I'll try to remember to ask them what the firm has to say about the subject, to the extent that they care at all. I'm guessing it won't make a lick of difference, but it will be nice to know if it would.

T.O.R.T. tomorrow night; Stephanie isn't going to come along, she and Ivy are going to hang out for a bit instead. She was looking forward to a date--even a bad law-school joke fest of one--and now she's not going with me. I'm going to plan something for another day to get out and away for a few hours, but the mess of a schedule at the moment means that the only real chance we have is Sunday, or to wait until around the 16th or so. Hopefully something will work out.

No comments:

Post a Comment