You are finite, Zathras is finite. This..... is wrong tool.




Friday, March 12, 2010

I went to The Local tonight to meet with a few associates at the firm who were given secondments for a few months this past year. The idea was to get an idea of their experiences and try to decide where I want to go for my "alternative work experience." The other associate who is in the same situation as I am and I listened to brief discussion about each of their experiences, but mostly we just talked and drank a couple of beers. It was a good time, and we didn't talk about anything in particular or memorable, but that's kind of the point. While we got the bits of information we needed, the rest of the time was just spent talking and hanging out with (future) coworkers. I'm glad to know that I can actually manage to spend a couple of hours out with people that I don't really know, and have little in common with, besides an employer and a profession, and enjoy myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment