You are finite, Zathras is finite. This..... is wrong tool.




Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Date Day


Well, the date day didn't go off exactly as planned. My intended program included either a movie or a [redacted]. Neither of these ended up working, because a. there was no movie worth seeing out at the moment, and b. I never got a call back returning my inquiry.

So we dropped of Nathaniel with his Oma and Opa and we went off to eat. We had the endless soup, salad and breadsticks at Olive Garden, since we had a gift card that allowed us to basically eat free. It was nice to eat at a leisurely pace and still have breadsticks left after two minutes. After that we stopped at Half Price Books, Joanne Fabrics, Rosedale Mall itself (hitting Penny's, Macy's and Herbergers mainly) and then over to Office Max, the Men's Wearhouse, and the JC Penny furniture store.

The main goal initially was to look for a topcoat for me. Stephanie wanted to get me one as a graduation present. We looked at the department stores, and found the price right at Penny's, but not ideal coats, and the prices too high, although with nicer coats at the other stores. Damn things are really expensive.

We ended up getting a nice one at the Men's Wearhouse for a price between the higher department stores' prices and Penny's. I'm pretty happy with it; it's charcoal gray/black, so it is relatively versatile, it is long, and it has the right cut for the collar (like a suit is cut.) I'm quite happy with it, although still a bit unsure regarding the price. I think it will take a long time even after I start making real money again before I'm comfortable spending as much as nice things (that really are necessary in many ways) cost.

After that, we went into the furniture store and found a great recliner. It was comfortable, cushy, supported your whole leg, and was the right depth for Stephanie. It was on sale 50% off! It was also $300. As nice as it was, it's just not a priority at the moment, and I couldn't justify to myself going out for a date and coming home having spent $600. Because after that, we went to Target, and spent $100 on mostly baby stuff (diapers, socks, shirts, food, formula etc.)

Hopefully I'll get a call back from [redacted] and we can have another date night during Stephanie's break soon. Tomorrow night we're meeting up with Calder and Ivy to go to the St. Patrick's Day Parade on Nicolet Mall. Should be fun, and hopefully the weather holds.

No comments:

Post a Comment