You are finite, Zathras is finite. This..... is wrong tool.




Friday, March 19, 2010


Today was a relatively productive day. I spent a lot of time working on transferring this blog over to Wordpress, because I had read that there were things that it did much better. I tried it out, spent a painful amount of time figuring out how to export/import the blog posts, got them all over there, fixed the pictures, and decided that I like blogger better (for now.) So, a waste of time in the end, but probably a good bit of experiential knowledge.

I also came pretty close to finishing in the office. The Mac desk is now practically empty, although I put the blank media and some software on the top shelf, and the other desk is clean of extraneous crap. I need to finish organizing the shelves under the stairs, but I think that can't be completed until the furnace room is also cleaned out and I know what will need to remain under the stairs and what can be moved.

I also vacuumed in the basement and then upstairs in the living room, where I noticed that the vacuum loses a lot of suction pretty quickly. It still seemed to clean pretty well, but it was noticeably more difficult to move when I cleaned out the filter with compressed air. I will have to try to remember to do that more frequently in the future. During the summer it's not such a big deal, but it's kind of a pain to clean it out with compressed air in the winter. We'll see how it goes.

One more thing: I put a diaper box and the steam mop box up in the small window in the basement main room to try to keep it darker down there for when I rock Nathaniel to sleep during the day. Usually the basement rocker is better, since it is more comfortable for me, and the darker basement helps him to sleep. But since it's been -- shock -- sunny some of the last few days, it's not been as helpful. I am hoping that keeping it darker down there will keep the magic in the "magic chair."

During most of this work, I watched Watchmen again. I had seen it in the theater with Jake, Baron and Pat when it came out and thought it was enjoyable enough, despite not having read the original graphic novel. I still sort of want to do that, but I also feel like time spent reading should go to something that I know I will enjoy more and will probably benefit me more. A comic, seminal as it may be, simply isn't going to do that for me at this point. I have even given up on the comics that I had been reading, as mentioned earlier. We'll see what I end up reading next; I'm still reading The Polysyllabic Spree at the moment, but I feel like that, as a collection of monthly columns, is not going to last long, and can be a sort of supplemental book. It certainly is dangerous, though as it just keeps on adding books to me "to read" list, which will probably be bought and then sit on a shelf for long years before I finally get to them, if I ever do. I'm going to try to make a more concerted effort to read, though, and if I can couple it with time on the exercise bike, I can kill two birds with one stone, so to speak. We'll see how it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment