You are finite, Zathras is finite. This..... is wrong tool.




Sunday, March 14, 2010

Day two of Stephanie's class, but today us guys didn't do much of anything. With daylight savings time throwing off Nathaniel's schedule, he didn't nap too well, and made it hard for me to get much done either.

I did do some more work on the office today, cleaning out the shelves that are under the stairs. I got them mostly cleared off, and reinforced one that flipped over because only 2/3 of the shelf is supported (brilliant construction by previous owners, again.) That gives us a ton of space for reorganizing things, and hopefully will let us get a different (safer) entertainment center. Although I don't expect to spend a lot of time with Nathaniel downstairs, it would be nice to be able to do so without worrying too much about it.

When we picked Stephanie up from her class, I took the long way down River Road because I was hoping the long drive would let Nathaniel nap. It worked, but I also saw hundreds of people out on the paths by the river taking advantage of the first 60 degree day of the year. It was bright, sunny and warm, a beautiful day! When we got home, we decided to take a walk for dinner and to return some library books. We put Nathaniel in the carrier facing out so that he could watch everything as we went by. He held his arms straight out in excitement and was constantly kicking Stephanie as we went.

We originally planned on going to Noodles, but when we were near it, Stephanie suggested the Highland Cafe, to which I had not been since it was called Farracies (or something like that) at least one, perhaps two iterations ago. The food was not bad; I had a reuben, Stephanie had a burger, and Nathaniel sat in a high chair and ate his puffy Pooh book laughing at us. We then decided to go to Half Price Books to work up an appetite for Dairy Queen, to which we have coupons that expire tomorrow. We spent a bunch of money at the bookstore on Nathaniel and me (mostly me, I think) but I got a couple of Nick Hornby short works, and a Timothy Zahn book that I haven't read. I've got a whole lot of books to read, so I didn't really need to add more, but one of the Hornby books is about precisely that--having a bunch of books you've been meaning to read.

We decided to pass on DQ for tonight and get it tomorrow, so after that, we walked to my parents house for a little bit, meeting some friends of the family there, and then walking home, with the dog leading the way. On the way home, we put Nathaniel facing inwards, to keep him warmer (since the sun had gone down) and to help him relax. He was asleep by the second house of the alley, and only woke up when we got home to give him his bottle.

Tomorrow is the first day of Stephanie's break, so we're hoping to have a relatively relaxing day. Hopefully Nathaniel will let us have a lazy morning, and we can get some stuff done a little later in the day. I'm looking forward to all three of us being home for a few weeks. Even if we're busy, it's nice to be busy together, rather than busy each of us in different places.

No comments:

Post a Comment