You are finite, Zathras is finite. This..... is wrong tool.




Friday, March 26, 2010

Today Stephanie was able to go back to sleep after morning feedings for Nathaniel, and slept until nearly 12:00! This is good news, but it also meant that we got a late start. We went to the Mall of America to get her ring checked for the warranty.

I remember (blurrily) the mall being a nice place when it opened--high class. There was the plaque on the ground for where home plate used to be at Met stadium. There was the Wolfgang Puck's inside Macys. Now the whole place has just gone to shit. It's run down and cheap crap. The place where Wolfgang Puck's used to be is just basically walled off. There's a wall most of the way to the ceiling--it stops a foot and a half short because of the ceiling fans--blocking it off and making a hallway to the bathrooms. The bathrooms are clearly of a formerly classy era as well. They are tiled with marble tiles and feature an opening for a kleenex box. Which is empty, and the paper towel dispenser is missing its handle. Most of the general bathrooms in the mall itself are disgusting, missing doors to stalls and filled with trash. It's just depressing.

After the mall, we went to my parents' house, left Nathaniel with his grandma and got dinner and pie at Baker's Square. I fear that we've been eating out too much recently; it's unnecessarily expensive, and it's also doubtlessly bad for my weight. I haven't weighed myself in a while, but I'd be shocked if I haven't already gained back 10-15 pounds of what I'd lost.

Okay; Kansas City tomorrow, so I need to go and pack. I will try to update from my phone while I'm on the road, but as was pointed out to me today, many of those updates have bizarre typos due to Swype, so we'll see how that goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment