You are finite, Zathras is finite. This..... is wrong tool.




Saturday, April 3, 2010



I went shooting today, and had a pretty good time. I shot 50 rounds of a .38 Special, which has a heck of a kick. I managed to get 41 of the 50 rounds on to the target, although five of those failed to hit the actual target area of the paper. Not bad, for my first time shooting. My second target paper was actually worse, I think because I tried a couple of other techniques. I had best success when I cocked the gun before pulling the trigger, as this gave a littl eless of a kick, and required less pull on the trigger.

When I got home, I began working on the strawberry glaze for the cheesecake. It's kind of pain to make, with the boiling and pulverizing of the strawberries, then boiling them some more. I really had a hard time with it this time around because I was not careful in adding the cornstarch, so it got lumpy and I had to fish large masses of it out. Hopefully there aren't smaller ones that might hinder the enjoyment of the cheesecake tomorrow for Easter. I think in the future I'm going to use the food processor to make the glaze because the strainer method is just messier; I don't think it actually does much for the glaze that the food processor wouldn't do.

We went to my in-laws for dinner and to pick up Nathaniel, as Erin was watching him today for a bit allowing Stephanie to make her dessert. More burgers and beans and corn and fries. Tasty.

Stephanie had gone to the store to get some odds and ends and said that Target had a sale on coke zero, which I figured I should get so that I could use it in my super wonderful weight loss strategy (TM) but they didn't have cherry coke; it was sold out. I figured after we got home I'd hit another Target and see if I could find it. And go get a lottery ticket as well. The numbers are not promising; 35 shows up twice. I went to Byerly's too while I was out, looking to see if I could find chocolate curls to put on the cheesecake. We used to shop at Byerlys when I was a kid. I don't really know why; we didn't have much money back then, but we would go there and get Bryer's ice cream and LIttle Schoolboy cookies. (We also got a membership card where my sister and I got a free cookie from the bakery when we went. I should try bringing the card some time and see what happens.) I remember when we moved on to Cub instead and the most excitement we got was playing around with the CubPuter from time to time. That low end technology was probably hokey even then. It was a three-button directory of items in the store (up, down and enter.) Even so, I got the best deal I've ever seen on the sodas there, and it's just a nice store. It's spacious and much more calm than Cub, Rainbow or Lund's. I think it would be nice to good shopping there for things that are on sale. I'd have to look into whether it makes sense to go there regularly, but it's a much more enjoyable experience than Cub Foods is.

No comments:

Post a Comment