You are finite, Zathras is finite. This..... is wrong tool.




Thursday, February 25, 2010

Back in town


Back from the funeral in Cloquet. Funerals are odd things; there is so much talk before hand where people are forcing a degree of normalcy and humor and happiness to see each other, then a solemn and sad service where people cry, and then afterwards, for a few minutes the solemnity reigns, slowly ebbing away until a child or a younger adult ends up brushing away the last remnants with laughter at something or other. The sadness is still there, but people are able to move past it, at least while all together immediately afterward. I suppose that is the point of funerals.
This particular funeral brought up an assignment I did around fourth grade. I was interviewed my great-grandmother for it, and all this week I had been wondering whatever happened to that assignment. I had typed it on an old mac Powerbook that my dad had from work. Of course that computer was generations gone even when my dad left that employer, so I assumed it was lost unless I could find a hard copy in the stacks of old stuff that is (actually pretty nicely) filed in my parents' basement. When we arrived at the funeral home, though, relatives were looking over this very assignment and trying to figure out who had written it. It was odd to find it in such a way, but I am glad that despite my not being able to find it, someone was able to get a copy for the funeral. Funny how things work somehow.
Tomorrow is my first real day off, though, and I intend to do some cleaning up around the house. I've got a nice little honey-do list which undoubtedly will not-so-slowly grow to be much longer. Hopefully I can keep up with its growth!

No comments:

Post a Comment