You are finite, Zathras is finite. This..... is wrong tool.




Monday, February 22, 2010

21 hours to go

The bar starts at 9:00 tomorrow. Registration up to two hours before that, requiring me to register, go into the secure area, set up ExamSoft and then. . . sit. For up to an hour and forty five minutes with nothing to do. I'm not allowed to have anything with me, not allowed to run anything other than SofTest, or anything. For 105 minutes. How cruel is that? Just make you sit there and stew in your nervousness for over an hour and a half. Seems to me that this rule can do nothing but actually hinder people's performance on the exam.

Don't get me wrong, I understand the need to protect the accuracy of the exam and prevent cheating, but this all seems a bit overboard to me. It's a law exam. How exactly am I going to benefit by having anything short of a huge sheet of crime elements with me? I really am at a loss as to how I could surreptitiously cheat on this exam. The whole security thing just seems a huge overreaction to me.
But then, so too does the actual exam in many ways.

So two and a half years of law school, seven weeks of studying culminate in a two-day exam beginning tomorrow. I can't wait for Wednesday evening when it's all over.

No comments:

Post a Comment